How to move an installed Add2it script from one server to another
Posted by Frank Bauer (Import) on 17 February 2011 08:56 AM
Here are the steps to move an installed Add2it script from one server to another...
1. Download all files in proper mode from your old server to your PC (all files except graphics in ASCII mode, graphics in binary mode).
2. Use a plain text editor like MS Notetab to manually modify the config.dat files. All URL's in it need to be corrected.
3. Upload all files in proper mode from your PC to your new server (all files except graphics in ASCII mode, graphics in binary mode).
4. CHMOD the install.pl file to 755.
5. Call the install.pl file in your browser.
If the script used a MySQL database, copy that database also from your old server to your new server. In case that the MySQL database name, the username or the password changed, remove the old ones from the config.dat file using a plain text editor like MS Notepad.
If you prefer us to move the script for you, here is what we need...
1. An Add2it Script installation service order for that script at: http://add2it.com/services/order.shtml
2. The FTP / cPanel access details for your old server
3. The FTP / cPanel access details for your new server